I feel a bit rushed to get ready for the end of the year. Though there will only be 4 of us celebrating tonight, much food must be made and many games must be played. I’m really excited for it! We’re not making any main dishes, so everything served tonight will be finger food and deserts. I’m even going to bring the sparklers Mike got me back in July so we can set them off in our friends’ backyard!
So much happened this past year, but I thought I’d just highlight the top 10 best memories of 2014:
- My parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. (1/30)
- Mike and I celebrated our 1-month dating anniversary. (1/19)
- Mike surprised me by sending a beautiful bouquet of purple tulips on Valentine’s Day (I just love purple flowers *swoons*) at my work. (2/14)
- Sadly, we had the 1 year death anniversary dinner for my late Grandmother. (2/28)
- I went on my first trip to Disneyland with Mike’s family, had my first couple’s day in the theme park, and rode Space Mountain for the first time ever! He bought me Minnie Mouse ears and a mouse head balloon (which is still slightly inflated, I might add). (5/7)
- We went to our friends Chelsea and Josh’s wedding shower. (6/14)
- June was the busiest month of all, as I had both of my parent’s birthdays AND Chelsea and Josh’s wedding!
- I moved to Lodi into a (seemingly) wonderful 2-bedroom apartment. (10/1)
- Mike and I had out 1-year dating anniversary. (12/19)
- Mike and I celebrated our first Christmas geographically together by opening our presents the day after our 1-year dating anniversary, having dinner with my parents (12/24), having dinner with his parents (12/25), having dinner with Chelsea and Josh (12/26), and then having dinner one more time with his sister in Pinole (12/27). No joke, I had 5 Christmases this year. It was a lot to deal with for someone who is no longer that into Christmas, but I still had a great time.
What were some of your favorite moments from 2014? If you wrote a blog post about it, link to it in the comments below so I can check them out! I hope every one of you have a great and safe New Year’s! See you tomorrow, friends!